Wednesday 20 August 2008

Akihabara, wrapped up with Korean appetite

Immediately after arriving at Akihabara station, I was already feeling goose bumps on my skin. This queer town did have something extraordinary.

For those who don't know, Akihabara is so-called "geek heaven"and it's a paradisiac place for everyone who loves electronics, computers and computer games of any kind. Thousands of electronic and manga-comic shops are occupying the whole neighbourhood.

We timidly hit some of the mini-figure stores.

I found Ultra Man mini figures:D. used to have them at home when I was little. They bring me back a childhood memory.

To be honest I was feeling somewhat restless in Akihabara ( probably because I was still a bit aware of the tragic incident in June?), but no matter what they are the place was definitely taking on some strong cultural power which continues to keep its presence as the world's otaku capital.


Great thanks to Chris's patience with my spoiled princessness, we decided not to have dinner in Akihabara but instead made a train trip back to Shinjuku and then Shin-Okubo, the largest Korean town in Tokyo. Thank you sweetie!

His first bibimpa experience... :).

*Coming up Next* Tokyo Disneyland<3

No comments: