Saturday 5 January 2008

And So We Start Again...


Another New Year has begun and so we start again hopefully refreshed and animated about the year which lies ahead of us.

A Happy belated New Year everyone! May the year be as joyous as the one we just had, and bring all of you a myriad of dramas that juice up your life:).


My start of 2008 has been a full of get-together with family and relatives. In our country, New Year's holiday is just like Christmas in Western culture, so family members reunite and appreciate this festive season together.

And just like in any other cultures, festivities can never be completed without divine food. This is always the season of expanding waistlines...*sigh*. The picture is Osechi-ryori, traditional Japanese New Year's dish. I'm a huge fun of my mom's Osechi:).



It's also a tradition to visit a shrine or a temple at the beginning of each year, praying for health and happiness.

...Well, look at the horde of people! I had to squash into there just for my 100 yen-worth wish.


Despite my obstinate longing to spend Christmas in overseas, I after all love to be in Japan for New Year. Japaneseness in me cannot miss out all of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are stunning ♥

Mihiro said...

thanks Sam:D glad you enjoyed them.
but you know, i'm still super-excited to see all your pictures on your bloggie!!! ...update, update<3!