Sunday 18 October 2009

ideally

Palais Garnier

Few weeks ago I watched documentray film Etoiles: Dancers of The Paris Opera Ballet which completely made me spellbound of ballet and its world. The film itself was as beautiful as a single art but what made me devoured most was the dancers who endure physical and emotional hardships to be on stage. I was even envious of them and questioned myself if I have ever met something which I can dedicate my life so hard to master something like those Etoile dancers.

Anyways it was too pity that I watched the movie after I came back from Paris. Our hotel was about 15 minutes from Palais Garnier and we walked past there so many times but somehow didn't get to see inside! Okay, next time in Paris I'll go back there with a ticket for Paris Opera Ballet:).

Uniqlo

In front of Palais Garnier, I found a bit of Japanese invasion in Paris;).

Saint Chapelle

at Notre-Dame


Protectors


fatigue...

We climbed up 387 steps (!) to get to the top of Cathedral of Notre Dame.

Champs-Elysees

The Champs-Élysées

To be honest I was a bit disappointed of Champs-Élysées; too many global chain shops were occupying the avenue and I felt as if the place were losing its atomosphere. I was expecting something more high-class and classy. Or maybe I was just expecting too much from Paris?

Pizza Pino

Although globalization didn't please me much, looking down one of the most luxurious streets in the world still made simple pizza lunch upgraded.

Seine


katsudon in paris

Since French restaurant is pretty expensive just for a casual dinner we ended up eating at Japanese restaurant for 3 nights. Globalization is sometimes helpful, I know;P.

more Paris soon to come!

M. xxx

1 comment:

Moving said...

fantastic photographs. Last pic is very yummy.